Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wings: Chapter Three

Aaron's P.O.V.

“Fine, but I ain’t doin’ it for free. I‘m not gonna spend my day off work babysitting without gettin’ paid,” Diego said through the phone, his voice sounding a bit annoyed.
I rolled my eyes. “That’s fine. Just be here at eight.”
“Oh, and no bullshit about extra shifts. I know you too well, my friend. Besides, I don’t want to hear you going on all day Tuesday with another episode of Aaron, Enamorado.”
I laughed. “Well, at least it’s not Diego, Desperado.”
I told Diego I’d talk to him tomorrow when Elena walked into the room, Naomi in her arms. “You know Spanish?” she asked me as she placed the little squirt in her crib.
“I took a class in high school.”
I entered the bathroom that was in the room, turned on the water and hopped into the shower. It was only after I was finished that I realized there were no towels.
“Shit.”
I heard Elena start going down the stairs, so I called her name before she could leave.
“Skye! Where are the towels? I don’t see any!”
“Aren’t there any in there?”
“Nope.”
It was silent for a moment, and then her feet shuffled. “Um. Hold on, I’ll get you one.”
The door opened a crack a few seconds later, and her hand slipped through it, holding a white towel. “H-here,” she stammered.
I stifled a laugh and took the towel from her hand. I wrapped it around my waist, then stepped out, seeing a baffled look on Elena’s face. Now I had to laugh.
From the corner of my eye, I saw Naomi grab the edge of her crib and pull herself up. She reached out for me, so I picked her up. I kissed her forehead, and Elena smiled weakly.
“Dada,” Naomi suddenly cooed.
My eyes widened. I swallowed hard and placed Naomi back in her crib. I looked at Elena, and she looked flabbergasted. “She…she called you-”
“Easy now,” I told her, bringing up my hands in front of me in a defensive way. “Don’t forget that I look a lot like Adam. I’m sure it’s just an innocent mistake.”
I instantly noticed her tense body relax. “Right, sorry.” She pursed her lips. “I just thought she could tell the difference. I guess I thought wrong.”
My fingers made their way from her hand up to her shoulder, and I noticed I left a trail of goose bumps behind where my fingers had brushed her skin. I could almost see a path rising up her arm. “Don’t worry about it,” I said softly.
I grabbed my boxers and a pair of jeans from my bag and went back into the bathroom to put them on. Elena was shivering the slightest bit when I stepped back out.
I groaned. “Please don’t tell me this has anything to do with what Naomi called me.”
She looked down. “Kind of.”
There was nothing I could possibly say, so I sighed and sat down on the bed next to her.
I pulled her back and laid her head on her pillow. A.k.a. me.
“What happened to this Aaron?”
I shrugged. “He got bored. You could see more of this Aaron if you let me…”
She ran her hand up and down my stomach, and her warmth felt too good.
“No,” she said in a hushed voice, but continued to soothe me with her soft touch.
She continued to do this until I felt her eyes flutter close, her eyelashes brushing against my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment