Wednesday, August 11, 2010

To Be Loved Playlist!

Here are some songs that I think go good with my story, and a specific piece that I thought it went well with. (And if it was a movie, Welcome To The Black Parade would be the opener.)

Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
I dreamt about the day that Adam proposed to me three months ago.
I was waiting for him at the same place where we‘d met. He’d called me and told me that he had something important to tell me. I had no idea if it was a good or bad thing that he wanted to say to me.
I kept looking at the stage where Adam’s band had performed. I still remembered it clearly. I could almost see it, looking a bit faded, like in the movies. He spotted me in the crowd when they were just starting to sing the second song, Interrupted Love Scene.
I was telling you I drown in your eyes,
I was telling you I’m sick of goodbyes,
I never told you what was in my head,
I never told you what I should have said,
Because then he walked in.
His voice melted my brain, and my heart, all at once.

If My House Was A House - Owl City
I knocked on his door softly. He opened it a crack, and when he saw it was me, opened the door completely. He looked surprised. “Elena?”
“Could I talk to you about something?”
“Sure.” He stepped out and closed the door behind him. “What’s up?”
I hesitated. Then I spoke. “Do you have something against me? I don’t even think you’ve said a single word to me ever since Adam introduced me to you. I‘m sorry if I ever did anything to offend you, but at least let me know what I did.”
He looked down at the ground, then sighed. “I wish I could. But it’s too complicated. You probably wouldn’t understand.”
I crossed my arms. “Try me.”
He hesitated.
“C’mon, Aaron. Please.”
He sighed again. He was still looking down.
“She likes this guy I know,” he began slowly. “I want to be with her, but-”
“But?”
Then, not lifting his head, he stared at me seriously, so serious I thought I could die right then and there.
“Thing is…the guy’s my brother.”

Savior - Rise Against
Ever since I found out that Elena was going to marry my brother, I had forced myself not to think about her, to talk to her as little as possible, and I had done a good job at doing so. But after that kiss, I couldn’t stop thinking about her.
Her mouth was so soft, as if the world’s softest feathers were caressing my lips. And I tasted something sweet, probably a lip gloss with the strawberry flavor I tasted.
That kiss had changed me forever. But I knew for Elena, it wouldn’t effect her the tiniest bit. She was crazy for Adam, and comparing me to him was like comparing a grain of sand to the whole beach. No matter how much I wanted it, Elena would never choose me over my brother. I was no match for Adam, the guitar player in an up-and-coming band that all the girls would die for. I was just Aaron, known only as the book worm, and nothing more.
Even if she did choose me, I couldn’t do that to my brother. He was like a savior to me. A hero. He’d helped me though so much, helped me with anything and everything. He was only minutes older, but he was years wiser.

21 Guns - Green Day
Then she looked up at me with those big blue eyes of hers. “I think…I may have feelings for you.”
I sighed. If only.
“No,” I told her flatly, firmly. “You only think you do, out of guilt. But you love Adam.”
“Yes, I do, and a lot. But I love you, too.”

Journey To The End Of My Life - All Star Weekend
I sighed softly and laid my head back on his chest as Adam ran his fingers through my hair. He kissed my forehead.
This is how I always wanted it to be for us, the next long days of our lives together. I wanted to be with him like this, always right there, listening to his heart thump as it tells me he will be with me for the rest of my life.

All These Things That I’ve Done - The Killers
I ended up at the beach again.
When things were bad, I threw rocks. When things were really bad, I went swimming.
I sat by the shore when I got tired. The sand was hot, and my body burned even more from the already blazing sun, but I didn’t go back into the refreshing water. I stayed there, and hoped that it was possible that I can be burned until I was nothing but ashes, hoped that I can be put out of my misery once and for all.

Need You Now - Lady Antebellum
My phone rang again. I wanted to launch it into the water like the rocks I threw. I hit ignore, and kept walking.
I had rarely been at my apartment the past few days. I was practically living at the beach now. I only went back to sleep. I came to the beach early in the morning, had my breakfast, lunch, and dinner there, and threw rocks in between. There was nothing else to do.
I listened to my voice mail. All of them were from Elena, all of them the same message.
It’s me. I have to talk to you about the wedding. Call me back.
I have to talk to you about the wedding. Please call.
Call me back, I convinced Adam to let you come to the wedding.
I didn’t give a damn about the wedding anymore. It didn’t matter if I could go. I wasn’t going, either way.
The final message began to play, and I stopped myself from pressing the delete key when I heard the urgency in her voice.
Aaron. I need to see you. Please. I don’t know what I’m going to do.

Be Yourself - Audioslave
We said our ‘I Do’s’, exchanged the rings, and finally, the minister said the words:
“By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”
Adam stepped closer and put one arm around my waist. He rested the other on my cheek. Slowly, he leaned in and my eyes fluttered closed as he pressed his lips to mine.
He was heavenly gentle, but when I carefully bit down on his bottom lip and tugged, he smiled and gave me a more passionate kiss. When he broke away, the guests cheered and began throwing flower petals.

Once I'm finished writing Wings, I'll post the playlist ahead of time, so that way, you can know what to expect, and get a little taste of Wings at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment