Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wings Playlist!

Fellow Readers:
The first chapter of Wings will be posted this Friday, but the playlist/sneak peek will be posted now!

Saltwater Room - Owl City
When he broke away, he inhaled deeply. “Love you.”
“Love you, too,” she whispered back.
He released her hand and bent over to kiss Naomi on the forehead. “I’ll miss you, my little Angel,” he said quietly, not wanting to wake her.
He took one last look at me, then walked over to his gate. He was no longer in sight.

Last Of The American Girls - Green Day
I took a look outside in the kitchen through the crack in the open door, and I found myself observing Elena once she barged in through the doors.
Max, another waiter that worked here, handed her a notepad. “I already brought out the drinks to Table 7. You take the orders.”
She shrugged and walked back out. She came back two minutes later asking for an order of fries along with a hamburger. She brought orders in and out, and it fascinated me how easily she could handle it, even though she’d only been working here a short period of time now.
I chuckled as I popped a gum in my mouth.

Gives You Hell - All-American Rejects
I hooked my finger inside her jean’s belt flap so she couldn’t pull away. Her jaw set as I leaned in and kissed her fiercely.
Her lips were as soft as I remembered them. There was no flavor like there always had been, it was just her and her bare, feather-like lips. I moaned as I kept my mouth pressed hard against hers.
I felt a pinch on my lower lip. I leaned away slowly and ran my tongue over it. “Did you just bite me?”
She smiled and held up my key and rattled them in my face. “I suggest you never try that again unless you want to get locked in here.”
I licked my lip again. “That depends: will you be locked in with me?”
She rolled her eyes and unlocked the door. When she came back to grab the salt she’d left on the shelf, she froze and took a gum out of her mouth.
I smirked. “Want to give it back?”
She scoffed at me as she threw the gum down on the ground.
Ouch.

I Wanna - All-American Rejects
I saw a different side of Aaron I’d never seen before as he said this, saw him in a new light. Almost like the old Aaron, the kind, sensitive Aaron, but with something that I’d never noticed before. The Aaron that…the Aaron that could feel. Felt pain, felt needs. A vulnerable Aaron.
I had a moment of weakness, and I couldn’t resist pulling his face to mine. His arms gripped tightly around my waist as I pressed my lips against his, and he moaned softly when I slipped my hands through his shirt. He ended up taking it off.
I had wanted this since the last time we had kissed. It was hard to admit it, but I did. I wanted to taste his lips, wanted him to hold me close and kiss me fiercely. I could feel his need to be close to me, to hold me like this all the time. This was the same need I felt for him.
We didn’t need or want to come up for air when our breathing became heavy. We just needed to be close, wanted to feel each other’s desire for this.
My mind was blank as Aaron continued to kiss me. Every one of his touches made me shiver in pleasure. His lips followed every movement mine made. He made his way down my neck, then back up to my mouth. He tugged on my shirt, and I climbed on top of him. He licked my lips, and a moan of my own escaped from my throat.

I Never Told You - Colbie Caillat
He raised his hand to Elena’s face. She held it there.
“I love you,” he told her. “And tell Naomi that, too. Tell her I’m sorry that I won’t be there for her.”
“No,” Elena cried. “Don’t say your goodbyes just yet, Adam. Don’t you dare leave me!”
He took one last look at Elena before looking over at me, still standing by the door.
“Take care of them,” Adam whispered. His hand fell from her face and his eyes closed.
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.


The Only Exception - Paramore
I could hear my sneakers against the pavement as I ran.
I couldn’t face Naomi. I wouldn’t be able to look into her violet eyes, into her eyes that were so much like her father’s had been.
How could I ever enter that house again, with all of those burning memories still alive inside my head. Adam was a fire in my heart, a flame that refused to die.
And I wouldn’t let it. I couldn’t allow myself to forget him so easily. I couldn’t be happy now. I couldn’t ever have been happy. It was almost as if being miserable was my unfortunate fate, my inevitable destiny.

My Last Song - Dave Days (He's on YouTube)
“Glad you’re not dead,” the fake Aaron muttered softly. I watched as I pulled away from Adam to let him face Aaron. Adam laughed. “Glad you didn’t hope I was.”
Aaron joined him in his laugh, and then they both stopped abruptly.
And then, just when I thought that Adam and Aaron could never repeat what they had done at the wedding, they pulled each other into a firm hug, patting each other softly on the back.
The scene in front of me fainted slowly, then disappeared entirely, and we were back at the white field.

Keeping On Without You - This Providence
I felt his body shiver. “What…what did he say?”
I looked down at my hand as I let it fall from his face. “To move on. To live my life and be happy. With you.”
He lifted my head with his hand. “Are you?” He asked me, hopeful.
I closed my eyes and sighed. I remembered Adam’s words about living my life and not having to let go. Nothing else could possibly make me feel more at peace than knowing that I could trust his reassuring words.
I felt as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders as I realized that I didn’t really lose Adam at all. He was gone, and I had felt like the world would end when I accepted this, but he would always be with me, watching over us.
I opened my eyes.
“Yes,” I answered.


Hey Princess - All Star Weekend
“Oh, shut up and kiss me,” she muttered, throwing the paper over her shoulder.
Happy to oblige, I thought as I laid my lips on hers, anxious to have her in my arms as I‘d imagined so many times.
Finally.

Kings And Queens - 30 Seconds To Mars
Charlie barked and Naomi cooed loudly, and I realized this really was family. A family that I could expand with Aaron, and nothing would make me happier than to do so. I smiled as we kissed, knowing that there was only one thing to call this joy I felt.
Love.

:O I know, I know: How could he/she!? (Or you'll probably be mad at me for the part where I gave away too much about the um beeeeep.) I've probably left you all with a lot of unanswered questions, but they will all be answered eventually, since I'm only posting the FIRST chapter on Friday. What do you think, one chapter each three days?

No comments:

Post a Comment