Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wings: Chapter Five And Six

Sorry for not posting on Monday, but I was making preparations for my high school orientation. But here's Modays's post, and today's!

Chapter Five

Skye’s P.O.V.

I plopped down on the bed, exhausted. Good thing Naomi was sleeping peacefully in her crib.
“Rough day at work?” Aaron asked with that smug smile of his. It made me wonder why he always smirked mostly around me.
“Yeah,” I answered. “Thank God tomorrow’s Friday.”
I had Friday’s off, and Aaron had Thursday’s, which was why he was home today. He had tomorrow off also because it was his and Adam’s birthday.
It was already two weeks since Adam had left, and I had been so glad when he called and said he was coming over to visit for his special day.
Aaron pulled me closer, and I let him.
This had become something normal at nights, and I felt guilty for letting it become something, but I’d gotten too used to it.
“Tell me something,” I began, wondering. “Before the wedding with Adam, you said you’d leave me alone and let me live my life with Adam. But ever since Adam left, you’ve done everything but that. Why?”
I looked up at him, and his face gave nothing away. “Because…Because I just can’t. No mater how hard I try, I can’t find myself able to give up on you. I didn’t want to come between you and Adam, because I never wanted to do anything to hurt my brother, but I just don’t care anymore. I want you too badly.”
I saw a different side of Aaron I’d never seen before as he said this, saw him in a new light. Almost like the old Aaron, the kind, sensitive Aaron, but with something that I’d never noticed before. The Aaron that…the Aaron that could feel. Felt pain, felt needs. A vulnerable Aaron.
I had a moment of weakness, and I couldn’t resist pulling his face to mine. His arms gripped tightly around my waist as I pressed my lips against his, and he moaned softly when I slipped my hands through his shirt. He ended up taking it off.
I realized that I had wanted this since the last time we had kissed. I wanted to taste his lips, wanted him to hold me close and kiss me fiercely. I could feel his need to be close to me, to hold me like this all the time. This was the same need I felt for him.
We didn’t need or want to come up for air when our breathing became heavy. We just needed to be close, wanted to feel each other’s desire for this.
My mind was blank as Aaron continued to kiss me. Every one of his touches made me shiver in pleasure. His lips followed every movement mine made. He made his way down my neck, then back up to my mouth. He tugged on my shirt, and I climbed on top of him. He licked my lips, and a moan of my own escaped from my throat.
Adam’s kisses had never been like this. They were so much better…
That thought snapped me back into reality. I pulled away quickly, panting for air.
I was still on top of him, but I couldn’t force myself to stand up. I bit my lip as his heavy breathing tickled my skin.
He closed his eyes and sighed. “And that’s why I’ll never give up.”

Chapter Six

Skye's P.O.V.

The doorbell rang.
“Hey, Cam! Come in.”
He stepped inside, a little girl’s arm in one hand, a big box in the other. It looked like an oversized shoes box, with a big bow placed on the cover.
I took the box from his hand, and he pushed his bronze hair out of his green eyes.
I opened the box to sneak a peak, and out came a furry little head with floppy ears, it‘s tongue hanging out of its mouth a little.
“Oh, wow, Cam! You got him a puppy?”
He shrugged. “I’ve been friends with him for a while now. I know how much he’s always wanted a retriever. And I thought maybe it’ll give Naomi some company.”
“Are you sure he’s okay in there?” I asked him.
As if to answer my question, the puppy barked, not too loudly thankfully, and hid back into the box.
“He’s fine. It's not like I've kept him in the box all day. He comes up for air when he needs to.” Cam smiled. “So where are the birthday brothers?”
“Adam’s not here yet, but I think Aaron’s upstairs getting ready.”
“No I’m not,” I heard Adam say, coming up behind me. He looked down at the little girl and knelt down to her level. “And who is this?”
“I’m Lila,” the girl answered in a high-pitched voice.
“She’s my little sister,” Cam explained.”
“Well, let’s get this princess a seat,” he said, wear a sweet smile I’d only seen him wear when he’s with Naomi. He grabbed Lila’s hand and steered into the living room. Cam followed.
Cam and Diego were the only ones we invited, still waiting for Adam and the band. I’d been sitting by the phone all day, hoping to from him.
Aaron came back into the room. “Could you help me with something, Elena?” he asked, tugging at my sleeve.
“Yeah, right. I know you well enough that this is just one of your stupid dirty tricks to get me alone.”
“Well, yes,” he admitted. “But that’s not why I want to get you alone.” He put on an innocent smile that melted my heart. “I want to give you something.”
I sighed and gave in.
I followed him up to his room, and he closed the door. He started searching from some papers on the desk, and pulled out a notebook. He began skimming through the pages, and stopped a few pages into it.
He swallowed, and handed the notebook over to me.
It showed a head, with a cascade of long, black hair that flowed past a bare neck and smooth shoulders. The face revealed full, soft lips under a perfectly drawn nose.
All of this was in pencil, except for the eyes, which he had colored in with a vibrant blue.
It was me.
I sucked in a breath of air. “I-I didn’t know you could draw,” I stuttered.
“Well, it was never really a hobby of mine, but I was always told I was good.”
He looked down at his drawing and ran his thumb by my drawn face, from the brows, down to my neck and shoulders. “So I drew you,” he finished in a thin voice.
I shook my head fiercely as I slammed the notebook down on the desk. “Why are you giving me this? Why are you doing this to me? Why, why, why?”
“I told you already.” He gained up on me, only inches away from my face.
“And I told you already: It’ll never happen!”
“Oh, yeah?” he chuckled. “Then why are you so close?”
I was about to correct him and tell him that he was the one that was close, when he closed the little distance there was between us.
I shoved away a little later than I should have, but as soon as I did, I let my hand swing right across his face, so hard, it hurt my hand.
“I’d say I had that coming but ow!” he said, rubbing his cheek.
I scoffed and turned to march back downstairs.
Some thank you for such a thoughtful gift. It looked just like me…
When I entered the living room, Lila was pulling on Diego’s black hair, making Naomi laugh hard. I joined them for a while. When it started to get dark, I began to worry. Adam said he’d taken an early flight. The phone rang, and I was irritated and a little bit jealous when Aaron beat me to it.
With an exchange of words, Aaron’s face pulled down into a look that just looked broken. When he hung up the phone, he didn’t take his eyes off of me, then he was fumbling to take something out of his pocket. He pulled out his keys, then grabbed my wrist and started tugging me toward the door.
“Could you guys keep an eye on Naomi? We won’t be gone long.”
I couldn’t be more confused as Aaron rushed me into the car.
“Aaron, where are we going? What’s going on?”
“The hospital,” he answered, shoving the key into its place. “There’s been an accident.”

Ooh, cliffhanger!!! Sorry, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment