Wednesday, July 28, 2010

First "Chapter" of To Be Loved!!!

Well, here's the first post of my story. I'm not sure how frequent I'll post each chapter (Once a week, maybe?), but here's the first! Not many people will actually read this, since I don't have any followers, but who gives a hoot? So here it is, To Be Loved: Chapter 1.

Skye's P.O.V.

“Come on, Adam! I swear, sometimes you take longer than me to get ready!”
He came out of the bathroom, only wearing his black jeans, laughing while he dried his hair with a towel.
“Sorry, babe. You know how clean and fresh I like to be.”
“Very. All of that damn Axe you always put on gives me a headache.”
He grinned at me, then kissed me on the cheek. Then on the lips.
He was so perfect. Messy brown hair that made any famous hottie look average, violet eyes, peachy skin, and a voice of an angel. I was crazy for him.
We were getting ready to go to dinner at some place that was pretty far. Adam’s idea of celebration. He said the crowd had gone crazy for them at The House of Blues last night.
His band was called Ana Save Me. I was relieved when he told me Ana just stood for his band members' names. Him, Adam, the guitar player, Noah, the drummer, and Ariana, the bass player.
We had just been two wandering souls when we met. He’d been performing, when he spotted me in the crowd. Every song he sung from then on felt like he was singing it for me and only me.
“I’m Adam,” he’d told me once he was finished performing.
“I’m Elena. Some people call me Elena, some just by my last name, Skye.”
“I think I like Skye better. Because your eyes are just as blue.”
Those are words I’ll never forget him saying. I’ll never forget the way he looked at me, never forget the way I blushed when he sang to me, for me.
We were inseparable after that fateful day.
I was glad the wedding was only a few weeks away. We were having it right here in San Diego. Summertime was the perfect time.
“Is my brother ready yet?” he asked me.
“He’s already in the car, waiting for us.”
He nodded as he pulled a white T-shirt over his head and put on his black suit jacket, leaving it unbuttoned. “Well, let’s go.” He began to walk out the door, but then stopped and turned around when I didn’t follow.
“What’s wrong?” he asked.
“You haven’t said anything.”
“Anything about what?”
I scoffed and threw my arms up to my sides, referring to my new yellow summer dress and red Converse. “Hello? I told you you‘re supposed to work as my mirror, remember?”
He threw his head back, laughing. He looked back at me sincerely. “You should know that you don’t need a mirror, Angel. You always look beautiful.”
I smiled and bit my lip.
He held out his hand. “Now, are you coming?”
I took his hand and we made our way downstairs and out the door.
He opened the car door for me, and I stepped in. Aaron, his brother, was in the back.
Adam and Aaron were raised by their mother. Adam had told me that his father had walked out on them when they were five.
My mother died giving birth to me, so my father had raised me on his own. Luckily, not me nor Adam had a big family, so we wouldn’t have to worry so much about how many people would come to the wedding. We were trying to make it as simple as possible. That’s one thing Adam and me had in common. We didn’t like to make a big deal out of things. No drama.
Out of the corner of my eye, I observed Aaron. He was looking out the window. He looked a lot like Adam. They were actually fraternal twins. They didn’t look exactly alike, but it was pretty close. They had the same color hair, same color skin, same dimples. The only thing that wasn’t the same was their eyes. Adam had violet eyes, and Aaron just had brown eyes. Also, they wore their hair differently. Adam had his hair messy, and Aaron wore his hair short in a faux hawk. And of course, they were two completely different beings when it came to their personality. Adam was a fun guy, a real music lover. Aaron read a lot of books. I always found him either reading, or listening to his iPod. Right now, it was iPod.
After a few minutes, Adam started up the car and put on his seat belt.
We drove off, and I fell asleep.

I dreamt about the day that Adam proposed to me three months ago.
I was waiting for him at the same place where we‘d met. He’d called me and told me that he had something important to tell me. I had no idea if it was a good or bad thing that he wanted to say to me.
I kept looking at the stage where Adam’s band had performed. I still remembered it clearly. I could almost see it, looking a bit faded, like in the movies. He spotted me in the crowd when they were just starting to sing the second song, Interrupted Love Scene.
I was telling you I drown in your eyes,
I was telling you I’m sick of goodbyes,
I never told you what was in my head,
I never told you what I should have said,
Because then he walked in.
His voice melted my brain, and my heart, all at once.
And that’s when he spotted me. After that, he didn’t take his eyes off me. He smiled, and for the first time, I noticed his dimples. Once again, I melted completely.
“Hard to believe it’s been two years, huh?”
I turned around to see Adam, staring at the stage like me, remembering that once upon a time, we were both nineteen, two rock n’ roll maniacs, hoping that one day we would find someone to live for, though we didn’t even know that we were.
“I didn’t believe in angels until I met you,” he said, smiling.
I rolled my eyes. “Sure.”
“I’m serious. You know I’m not the mushy type. So you know I’m telling the truth when I say that I love you.”
I froze. “You…you do?” I stuttered.
“Yes,” he answered. He hesitated for a moment, then continued.
“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about. I wasn’t sure at first. But I’ve never felt this way before. Whenever I’m with you, I feel I can do anything and everything. You make me want to sing every second of the day. Moving here to San Diego from L.A. was the best thing that I’ve ever done. I wouldn’t have met you if I hadn’t. I know I’m not very good with this kind of thing, but…”
He pulled out a little white box. He opened it, and it showed the most beautiful diamond ring, glistening in the low light.
“Adam…” I whispered.
“Elena Skye, will you marry me?”
“Adam…” I repeated.
Now he rolled his eyes. “Just say yes.”
“Yes,” I managed to say, though my voice cracked as tears streamed down my face.
He put the diamond ring on my finger and held me close as his lips met mine.
I was sure that my heart had stopped beating.
“Elli? El, wake up. We‘re here.”
I rubbed my eyes and looked at Adam and saw that he was looking at me, smiling. It was a smile bigger than usual. It was a smirk, no doubt.
“Why are you so happy?”
“What were you dreaming of that you said my name?”
“Oh,” I said. I felt myself blushing. “I dreamt about the day you proposed.”
Adam smiled and then laid his soft lips on mine. I could hear Aaron clear his throat. I didn’t realize he was still in the car. I pulled away from Adam and he chuckled. “Sorry.”
The restaurant was pretty fancy and all, but eating down at San Hun Hut, the place where Adam’s brother worked as a waiter, would have been just fine. I liked their smoothies.
We saw Ariana and Noah saving a table close by the entrance, and they called us over.
“Hey, Ari,” Adam greeted. “’Sup, Noah?”
“Hi,” they said together.
We each pulled out a seat and sat down. Noah flung a menu at Adam, and Adam reflexively caught it in time.
“Check out the menu,” Noah told him, smirking.
I smacked him on the head with my own menu. “God, sometimes I don’t know why you even like this jackass, Ariana.”
She shrugged.
“’Cause I’m the only guy that’s not afraid to date her.”
Now she smacked him, a slap in the face with the menu.
“Ow,” he wined, rubbing his cheek “Dude, help me out here, I’m getting menu-smacked by chicks.”
“Eh, I don’t wanna get involved,” Adam told him, looking up and down his menu, a bit of a smirk.
“Smart,” I told him.
We all laughed.
All but one. Aaron, as usual.
What was with him? Did he hate me or something? He’s never said a word to me. Literally. I wasn’t going to be able to live in peace until I found out what the deal was with this guy.

Once we were home, I waited until Adam was asleep. Then I left the house and walked to Aaron’s apartment, which was about a block away.
I knocked on his door softly. He opened it a crack, and when he saw it was me, opened the door completely. He looked surprised. “Elena?”
“Could I talk to you about something?”
“Sure.” He stepped out and closed the door behind him. “What’s up?”
I hesitated. Then I spoke. “Do you have something against me? I don’t even think you’ve said a single word to me ever since Adam introduced me to you. I‘m sorry if I ever did anything to offend you, but at least let me know what I did.”
He looked down at the ground, then sighed. “I wish I could. But it’s too complicated. You probably wouldn’t understand.”
I crossed my arms. “Try me.”
He hesitated.
“C’mon, Aaron. Please.”
He sighed again. He was still looking down.
“She likes this guy I know,” he began slowly. “I want to be with her, but-”
“But?”
“Thing is…the guy’s my brother.”

To Be Continued...And please exuse the indents that should be applied. I would appreciate opinions from any reviewers that might read this. (Wink, wink to a certain reviewer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment