Wednesday, July 14, 2010

First And Foremost...

I'm gonna be posting about my interests, so you can know more about me. Now of course, first and foremost, I'll talk about my favorite books. I've read a lot of books. Have a whole pile. I've read The Sisterhood Series and The Twilight Saga, but the following are my three top favorite books of all time, a short summary of what they're about, and why I loved them.

Kissed By An Angel by Elizabeth Chandler - This book was about a girl named Ivy who falls in love with Tristan, a boy on the swim team at her school, and then one fateful night (or not so fateful) Tristan dies, though he stays on Earth and watches over Ivy. The truth begins to unravel, and Ivy realizes that the night of the accident wasn't an accident at all. Somebody is trying to kill her.

What I loved about this book is that it was such a beautiful story about family and a love that lasts forever, though it's so sad because they realize that they have to move on. (Long-distance relationships never really work, but one's-dead-and-the-other-one's-still-alive relationships are impossible.) I highly recommend this book. It was on the bridge of making me cry.

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - This story was about a love that shouldn't be, but was. Nora meets Patch, and she is sure of one thing: there is something very dark and mysterious about him. She doesn't know whether to trust him and stay close, or to run and hide. Within a few days, she discovers that Patch is a fallen angel. He wanted a human body, and to do so, he had to kill her. But Patch couldn't possibly, because he fell for her HARD. In the end, Nora must decide between life and death, and Patch must decide between Nora's death and a human body, something that he's wanted forever. But is a human body worth letting the woman he now loves die?

This book was so intense, and SO good. I finished it in one day, less than 24 hours. (I bragged about it to everyone.) I loved the ending. It made me cry a little bit. Patch is so freaking awesome! From fallen angel, to guardian angel. (Oops. Hope that doesn't spoil it for you if you decide to read it.)
I'm waiting for Crescendo, the sequel. I'm so physced! October 19 is marked on MY calender!

Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood - This was a beautiful story about a boy named Charlie St. Cloud, who lost his brother Sam in an accident that he doesn't stop blaming himself for. For thirteen years, he's worked in a cemetery, and for thirteen years, every single day at sunset, he joins his ghost brother with a game of catch. But one fateful day, Charlie finds Tess Carroll, a girl hoping to win a race for a sail across the world. But they both discover that Tess isn't on the same earth as Charlie; She's on Sam's. Charlie and Tess don't have much that much time left together. She is fading. Now Charlie must choose between his same old life of holding on to Sam, or the new life he can start with Tess. IF he can save her...if he doesn't, there is nothing to go back to. He will have nothing left.

Now this book was one that made me crack, more than Hush, Hush. It was so heartbreaking, and yet so heartwarming. Charlie St. Cloud is the perfect book about letting go and starting over. You HAVE to read this book! If you do, I can tell you exactly what will make you sob, so keep this in mind when you read it: "I'm a man now, and I can do what I want."
Can't wait to see the movie, though I hope they didn't change it too much.

These books are my favorite. What are YOURS?

No comments:

Post a Comment